Sunday, March 7, 2021

The Hypocrisy of the Left: Elitism

On 3/3/2021 Joe Biden criticized the governors of Texas and Mississippi for their decision to roll back statewide mask mandates as "Neanderthal thinking." He stated:

I think it's a big mistake. Look, I hope everybody realizes by now that masks make a big difference. We are on the cusp of being able to fundamentally change the nature of this disease because the way in which we are able to get vaccines. The last thing we need is the Neanderthal thinking that, in the meantime, everything is fine, take off our mask, forget it, he added.

I remember a time way back on January 20th of this year when Mr. Unity violated his very own mask mandate on the same day he signed it. I also remember the Mainstream Media (MSM) criticizing Trump’s family for not wearing masks during the first presidential debate. Now I may have missed it, but I do not recall the MSM criticizing the Biden family for posing in front of the Lincoln Memorial when nine of them were huddled together sans any masks. 

In any case, all we have to do is wait about two weeks to see if people from these two states begin dropping like flies. My money is on NO. Besides, just because the mandate has been lifted does not mean in any way that people cannot voluntarily continue to wear them. It simply means they won’t be forced to by the government. George Orwell is screaming, “I told you so!” from six feet under ground right now.

I found it particularly amusing when the White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki, who at the time was not wearing a mask while fielding questions from reporters, defended Mr. Biden’s blatant hypocrisy by explaining that, “He was surrounded by his family…he was celebrating,” and that he’s got “bigger issues to worry about.” Well, that makes perfect sense. After all, I am sure Covid-19 was being more than considerate and respectful enough to hold off it’s full-frontal pandemic attack thus allowing Biden at least one day to revel in his alleged victory before reengaging in its assault the following day. Remember folks, these are the people constantly lecturing the rest of us to “follow the science.”

The ‘Neanderthal’ remark is one of those that infuriates me the more I think about it. Forget about the brazen hypocrisy of that insult coming from a man who called for unity at the beginning of his term—what an elitist, condescending, and pretentious thing to say. It is the adult version of calling someone a ‘doody head’ on the playground. Only a fool thinks that he is the smartest person in the room, and bragging about one’s own I.Q. is a tell that this person is probably an idiot. While running for president back in 1988, lying about his academic record, and plagiarizing his work, Joe Biden bristled at a reporter at the time stating, “I think I have a much higher I.Q. than you do.” In my experience, only the simplest people do this sort of thing.

I find that those on the Left often have the most infantile comebacks whenever they feel as though their worldview is being challenged. After all, it must be extremely difficult to maintain the fantastical façade that their flawed ideas work in the real world. Some of my favorites that I have seen and heard for myself are, “Get a life.” That is a particularly snappy comeback. “Eat me,” is a another popular retort among Progressives. “Get woke” is the dumbest one to come along in a while. 

I have one for them that I would like to share. It is an oldie but an appropriate one for our time--“Don’t tread on me.”

Jean-Marc Bovee
Jean-Marc Bovee is the author of ‘A Prescription for Retail Pharmacy’ and ‘The World of the Dead’--both available in audio versions as well. He most recently released a book on his Prince fandom titled ‘I Loved Him With A Passion Uncontested.’ Also available on iTunes is his tribute to the founding fathers titled ‘Jean-Marc Bovee’s Forefathers - Single.’ Dr. Bovee received his Pharm.D. from the St. Louis College of Pharmacy in 2003, but is now retired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disney's Diabolical Delusion DeliberatelyFuels Racism

Disney—the once-great corporation that was universally admired in the 1950s and 1960s is today deliberately working to help fuel racism amon...